Thank you for considering registering as a caregiver with Home Care Helpers! This agency is proud to have served the Grand Strand area for many years and is always looking for qualified caregivers to help our clients.
In order to become a registered caregiver with our agency, you must be either:
- A graduate from a CNA (Certified Nurses Aid) program or be a licensed CNA with proof
- A licensed out-of-state HHA (Home Health Aid) with proof
- A Personal Care Aid (PCA) with 2 years of verifiable caregiving experience either in an in-home or facility setting.
If you are a PCA or HHA, you must also have experience doing and be comfortable doing the following with non-relatives:
- Giving people showers using a shower chair
- Giving someone a bed or sponge bath
- Taking care of someone’s hair, skin, teeth, dentures, nails, feet, and do other basic daily hygiene procedures
- Assist someone with toileting, including use of bedpans and commodes, and cleaning them afterword
- Assist with transferring from the bed to the shower to the chair to the toilet, etc
- Assist with ambulation
- Assist with dressing someone for bed or for the day
- Assist with feeding
- Ensure proper hydration
- Reposition and pad someone who is bedbound and to change their bed sheets & linens
- Taking care of someone who has dementia (Alzheimer’s, etc)
You also must be willing to:
- Do light housekeeping: sweeping, dusting, moping, and vacuuming the most commonly used rooms in the home as well as take out garbage and recycles.
- Prepare healthy meals or cook, and be able to follow any special dietary restrictions
- Prompt and/or assist with self-medication
- Do laundry and linens
Caregivers shall also have voicemail setup on their primary phone number.
As we are state-licensed by South Carolina, we follow the mandated requirements of this industry. Below are the requirements to work as an in-home caregiver. Some of these will cost you money unless you have copies no less than 2 years old and we will accept them:
- A state background check (can be done in our office for SC residents only) – $26 and Up. If you haven’t lived in SC for at least a year, it must come from the state of your most recent residency for at least a year. Alternatively, you may submit a FBI background check.
- A state DMV driving record (At SC DMV for $6; At Office for $7.10) – This also must come from the state you have residency in for at least a year.
- Either a 2-step TB test results or a chest X-Ray – $40 and Up. We will also accept a blood TB test.
- A drug test – $20 and Up
- A health assessment (can be done in our office) – Free or from your doctor
- Your Driver’s License, Social Security, and Car Insurance Cards
- A proficiency test (for PCAs only)
To apply, please print all documents at the bottom of this page and fill them out. Next, submit your resume with a working number listed by emailing it to our human resources manager with the subject being your first and last name and “Resume” to email@example.com. If you have any questions, please call us.
The Registration Process
Upon sending your resume, you will be contacted by our Human Resources Manager or a Care Coordinator if he is unavailable. The HR Manager will do a simple phone screen with you and schedule a time and date for you to come to our office for a interview. Please be on time.
Interviews occur weekly. Please bring as many of the state mandated requirements outlined above and the completed forms. This interview will last about 30 minutes. Please be prepared. If you cannot attend your scheduled interview, please call the office to reschedule. After your interview, we will process your paperwork and call you to schedule an orientation. Orientation will be approximately 3 hours. Please be on time.
If you are unsure of how to complete a form, please leave it blank and we will help you with these here.
Required Registration Forms for Our Caregivers: